Do you keep having the same Moms show up for member meetings or none at all? Is your attendance dwindling? I’ve got a few suggestions to revive your lackluster meetings!
1) Change the name. No one wants to go to a meeting. But a Member Social Plan and Play? Sounds like fun!
2) Get a guest speaker. Give the people what they want! Do they want someone to show them how to organize their closets? Teach them how to save money over the holidays? Tell them about the art of Reiki or beekeeping? Find out by asking your members with a member survey.
3) Personally invite members you haven’t seen in a while – even if it’s just by text. Let them know they have been missed and are wanted.
4) Hire a babysitter for the group. You’re going to need one anyway if you hope to get anything done without constant interruptions. For my MOMS Club the rate is $3 for 1 child or $5 per family. If you can’t hire a babysitter then put one or two Moms in charge of setting up and orchestrating a kid craft or bringing in a kids movie; you can rotate Moms each month. If you can’t get any volunteers try bribing them with a $5 gift card and factor that into your yearly budget.
5) FOOD AND COFFEE! The importance of having and announcing free food & coffee at the meetings can’t be overstated. If at all possible, get the good stuff and be specific – Panera bagels, Dunkin Donut holes, Starbucks coffee (get the bagged kind on sale), homemade bread loafs, cheesy egg scramble, etc. It will get butts in the seats.
What does your Moms Group do to increase member attendance? Let me know in the comment section below.